Are you getting fed up of your tired looking bathroom and envious of others? We all want a stylish and fresh looking bathroom in our homes, but sometimes struggle to achieve this due to costs. If you follow these 5 simple steps you will be the one who will have the bathroom dreams are made of and get a 10/10 every time.
1. First and foremost you will need to take all the measurements of your bathroom, taking into account windows, doors and any built in cupboard spaces. On these plans mark off where the plumbing and pipes enter (don’t forget these can always be changed). Whether you are designing your bathroom on paper or in your mind, you will at this point need to decide if you have the space for both bath and shower or one or the other. There are a lot of unique designs out there that help combine the two.
2. You will now need to think practically, which can be difficult when you see the range of exciting product that are on offer to you , But trust me there are practical yet luxurious bathroom products out there. You will need to take into consideration things like, storage space, will you need a lot of it, do you have many items to hide away, if so Items such as bathroom cabinets are a must have. Thin about Practicalities such as the height of units and showers. Decide what is right for you and keep this in mind when you are shopping around.
3. Now think about the style and design that is right for you, Modern, contemporary, traditional the world of plumbing products is your oyster! Once you have chosen the style you need to pick out the bigger details such as colour scheme. Whether it is Tiles, paint or wood, the best way to get it right is to go and grab yourself some samples, it really is the only way to get it right, because you sometime can see a bathroom design in a magazine and love it but it just won’t work in the space you have. So go get those samples!
4. You have now chosen your style and colour scheme, now for the smaller details such as fixtures and fitting. Online shopping is the best way to compare prices and boy can you get the best deals on the net! I would recommend to always check the sale section first as you will be amazed at what you can find on offer. If you are unsure of shopping on the net review sites are there for a reason and can really tell you a lot about the company you are going to buy form. It will give you an insight into the quality of their products and how the delivery process works.
5. You have now chosen you products and they have all been delivered and you are ready to get it all in. If you have friends or family doing the fitting for you that is super and will save you a fortune! If not then you need to ask around for recommendations or check the web for reviews. Local Family businesses are great for cheap prices and reliability. Take advantage if the current climate and get yourself a deal!
Now enjoy your new bathroom for years to come. If you have followed these steps you will have had a stress free process of designing your dream bathroom, and found the ideal products too.
Louise Boniface is a senior content writer for Victorian Plumbing.