Eyeliner is one of the hottest beauty essentials in the world today. More than likely a vast majority of women that make up status quo society will have this necessity in their beauty bag. With everything from pencil, retractable, liquid, kajal, powder, kohl, cream, and gel, eyeliner remains to be the ultimate makeup necessity. Eyeliner is used to simply make your eyes stand out or “pop”. Applying eyeliner is simple, so today I am demonstrate 7 different types of eyeliner.
7. Powder. Out of all of the eyeliners, the powder application is the least complex. The best individual makeup looks created using the powder eyeliner are the smoky eye inspired makeup looks, as well as, the exotic makeup looks that are inspired by Africa, Asia, South America, and Eurasia.
6. Liquid. Some of the best makeup is inspired by the 20s, 30s, and 40s era. Although application varies, liquid liner is relatively simple. Most of the time the liquid liner is used to create timeless inspired makeup looks influenced by some of the beautiful female classic celebrities of the past 30s-40s era such as Marilyn Monroe and Ava Gardner.
5. Pencil/Retractable. These are the most common eyeliners, which make them incredibly flexible. Whether you want to line the outer or inner part of your eye, you can do so with both the pencil and retractable eyeliners. You can create just about any inspired makeup look with the pencil/retractable eyeliners.
4. Kohl. Even though the kohl liner is similar to the pencil and retractable eyeliners, it tends to be a little thicker and more cream based than both. The best eye makeup looks created with kohl liners are definitely the smoky eye looks or any makeup inspired look using a lot of smudging towards the outer corners of the eye. The kohl is also great for lining both the waterlines.
3. Cream. When it comes to cream eyeliner, there is simply no limit. After you apply it, it dries immediately after. It comes in a variety of colors and formulas. The cream liner is used to create an array of eye looks that range from a simple smoky eye to a classic inspired makeup look.
2. Kajal. Some of the best kept secrets are influenced by foreign cultures and the kajal eyeliner is no exception. The kajal liner is a kohl liner comes together in a huge point. It’s primary function is to line not just around the eyes, but the waterlines too. The kajal liner is used to create exotic eyes which are heavily influenced by the Middle East and Eurasian cultures.
1. Gel. If you are looking to achieve just about any type of eyeliner style, you cannot go wrong with the gel liner. It goes incredibly smooth, yet light. It is not visible like the cream, but tends to dry instantaneously. You can easily fix mistakes. The gel eyeliner is used to create everything from a cat eye inspired makeup look to even an Arabic eye inspired makeup look.