1. Purchase a Dodaddy domain name and make a Weebly account, if not done previously.
2. Create / design your Weeby site.
3. In the dashboard of your Weebly account, click the edit button located to the right of the site name.
4.Once in the edit menu/screen, hit the settings tab.
5. Click “Change Site Address”.
6. In the popup, choose the third box, and enter your purchased domain.
7. Navigate to Godaddy.com (Log in)
8. Navigate to “my account”. (Black button on the top(ish) right of the screen.
9. In the “My Domains” screen (My account) click your domain name (hyperlinked).
10. on the floating yellow banner, click “DNS Manager”.
11. Click Edit Zone.
You are left with two options.
If you want the MAIN site hosted on weebly, choose the first. (yourdomainname.com)
If you want a sub domain hosted, choose the second. (subdomain.yourdomainname.com)
1. Set the record that says @, in the A(Host) section to point to the ip address of “18.104.22.168”.
2. DONE! Go check your custom domain to make sure everything went through, it could take an hour.
1. Make a new record.
2. Enter the subdomain into the host box. (subdomain.yourdomainname.com)
3. Set this record to point to the ip address “22.214.171.124”.
4. DONE! Go check your custom domain to make sure everything went through, it could take an hour.
See techyhelp.tumblr.com for another explanation with pictures.