These little Frankenstein pails are so much fun to make as Halloween party favors. Whether you are hosting a trick-or-treat party or a costume party, your little monsters will be delighted to receive a spooky pail!
- Cricut machine
- Cricut Happy Hauntings cartridge
- Small metal pail (available from Target dollar spot)
- Glue (like Scotch’s quick-dry adhesive)
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Paint brush
- Green ink pad
- Green glitter
- Scribbles 3D paint in black
- Scrapbook papers: white, black, green, yellow, light green
- Orange Licorice Trendy Twine
Step-by-Step Instructions to Make a Spooky Frankenstein Halloween Pail
- Set your Cricut to cut a 2.5 inch shape using the Happy Hauntings cartridge.
- Cut the following Frankenstein pieces: white background, black foreground, and green accent pieces.
- Layer the Frankenstein pieces together and glue. Set aside to dry.
- Set your Cricut to cut a 3.25 inch shape with the same cartridge.
- Cut the following tree pieces: yellow background, black foreground, and green grass.
- Use the green stamp pad to add some color to the edges of the grass pieces.
- Layer the tree pieces together and glue. Set aside to dry.
- Apply glue to the back of the completed tree piece.
- Press the tree piece onto the front of the little pail and hold down for 30 seconds.
- Make an extra grass piece using scissors, if desired.
- Apply green ink to the edge of the extra grass piece and glue to the left of the tree.
- Apply glue to the back of the completed Frankenstein.
- Press the Frankenstein piece to the left of the tree and standing in the extra grass. Hold down for 30 seconds.
- Use the paint brush to apply a layer of Mod Podge Gloss over the entire area, making sure to completely cover Frankenstein and the tree.
- Note: The Mod Podge will be white when you apply it, but it will dry to a clear gloss leaving your design to show through.
- Allow to dry completely.
- Use the Scribbles 3D black paint and write the phrase “Trick -or- Treat” above Frankenstein.
- Sprinkle green glitter to the words and around the Halloween scene.
- Allow to dry.
- Apply a second layer of Mod Podge to the entire scene and allow to dry.
- Add dots of glue to the metal pail and carefully place the Orange Licorice twine around the bottom and top portions of the tin for a fun accent. You can substitute any trim.
- Allow the twine to dry.
- Fill the tin with little Halloween treasures and treats!
Optional: If you know the guests’ names ahead of time, you can add a name to each pail. Do this step after the “Trick -or- Treat” phrase dries, but before you apply the second coat of Mod Podge.