We knew the rankings were going to change after the Alabama/LSU match up. Nebraska was upset by Northwestern, Arkansas took care of South Carolina, and Iowa upset Michigan. Arizona State and West Virginia were upset. Only five undefeated teams remain. Southern Miss, Georgia Tech and Auburn enter the rankings this week.
The PAC-12 has the biggest match up this week with #6 Oregon visiting #2 Stanford. TCU could provide Boise State a test on Saturday. #13 Nebraska visits #10 Penn State and we will find out if the Nittany Lions are for real. #12 Virginia Tech visits #24 Georgia Tech in a key ACC battle. #25 Auburn visits #15 Georgia as the Bulldogs are trying to win the SEC East. #16 Michigan State at Iowa should be an interesting game. #17 Michigan at Illinois is a solid match up. West Virginia visits #21 Cincinnati in a key Big East game. #22 Texas will try to keep winning when they visit Missouri.
Here are this week’s rankings:
- 1) LSU (9-0) topped Alabama 9-6 in overtime. The Tigers host Western Kentucky on Saturday.
- 2) Stanford (9-0) cruised past Oregon State 38-13. The Cardinal host Oregon on Saturday.
- 3) Oklahoma State (9-0) held off Kansas State 52-45. The Cowboys visit Texas Tech on Saturday.
- 4) Boise State (8-0) beat UNLV 48-21. The Broncos host TCU on Saturday.
- 5) Alabama (8-1) lost to LSU 9-6 in overtime. The Crimson Tide visit Mississippi State on Saturday.
- 6) Oregon (8-1) beat Washington 34-17. The Ducks visit Stanford on Saturday.
- 7) Houston (9-0) crushed UAB 56-13. The Cougars visit Tulane on Thursday.
- 8) Oklahoma (8-1) beat Texas A&M 41-25. The Sooners have a week off.
- 9) Arkansas (8-1) beat South Carolina 44-28. The Razorbacks host Tennessee on Saturday.
- 10) Penn State (8-1) did not play. The Nittany Lions host Nebraska on Saturday.
- 11) Clemson (8-1) did not play. The Tigers host Wake Forest on Saturday.
- 12) Virginia Tech (8-1) did not play. The Hokies visit Georgia Tech on Thursday.
- 13) Nebraska (7-2) was upset by Northwestern 28-25. The Cornhuskers visit Penn State on Saturday.
- 14) South Carolina (7-2) lost to Arkansas 44-28. The Gamecocks host Florida on Saturday.
- 15) Georgia (7-2) walloped New Mexico State 63-16. The Bulldogs host Auburn on Saturday.
- 16) Michigan State (7-2) beat Minnesota 31-24. The Spartans visit Iowa on Saturday.
- 17) Michigan (7-2) lost to Iowa 24-16. The Wolverines visit Illinois on Saturday.
- 18) USC (7-2) beat Colorado 42-17. The Trojans host Washington on Saturday.
- 19) Kansas State (7-2) lost to Oklahoma State 52-45.The Wildcats host Texas A&M on Saturday.
- 20) Wisconsin (7-2) crushed Purdue 62-17. The Badgers visit Minnesota on Saturday.
- 21) Cincinnati (7-1) beat Pitt 26-23. The Bearcats host West Virginia on Saturday.
- 22) Texas (6-2) crushed Texas Tech 52-20. The Longhorns visit Missouri on Saturday.
- 23) Southern Mississippi (8-1) beat East Carolina 48-28. The Golden Eagles host Central Florida on Saturday.
- 24) Georgia Tech (7-2) did not play. The Yellow Jackets host Virginia Tech on Thursday.
- 25) Auburn (6-3) did not play. The Tigers visit Georgia on Saturday.
Fox Sports for records and schedules