Summit Entertainment, the production company behing “The Twilight Saga” films, has acquired the rights to the youth-oriented “Ender’s Game” franchise. Auditions and casting calls are getting underway for the film’s starring and supporting roles. The movie will be shot in the New Orleans area and the extras and stand-ins will be hired there, as well as many crew members. The shoot is scheduled to run from February 24, 2012 through June 8, 2012.
South African filmmaker Gavin Hood is directing “Ender’s Game” from an adopted screenplay that he wrote himself. “Ender’s Game” is based on a 1985 science fiction novel of the same name by American author Orson Scott Card. Gavin Hood has directed such films as “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,” “Rendition,” and the Academy Award winning “Tsotsi”. Hood also acts occasionally, most notably in “In Enemy Hands” and the “Stargate SG-1” episode “Lockdown”.
Minors and foreign talent must be legally eligible to work in the state of Louisiana and United States. Candidates must also be available various days for production from February 24, 2012 through June 8, 2012.
The 2012 Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook includes the following information and documents for minors and foreign talent who would like to audition for “Ender’s Game” or work as an extra on the film:
• USA Child Actor Work Permit Requirements
• Louisiana Child Performer Law Information Sheet
• Louisiana Child Performer Trust Act Sheet
• Louisiana Minor Trust Deduction Guidelines
• Louisiana Minor Intention To Employ Form
• Louisiana Employment of Minors in Theatrical Performances or Exhibitions
• Louisiana Film, TV, and Commercials Minor Labor Law Summary
• Immigration Work Permit Information
• Non-Immigrant Visa Application
In addition to the following Louisiana Actors Resources:
• Audition Tips
• How To Make an Audition Video
• Casting Directors List
• Talent Agents List
• Acting Coaches, Classes, and Schools List
• Headshot Photographers List
• Actors Unions
• Sample Actors Resume
• Sample Beginning Actors Resume
• Sample Cover Letters
• General Talent Agent Information
• Entertainment Industry Terminology
• Miscellaneous Resources
• PDF Users Guide
The 2012 Louisiana Actors Resource Guide eBook is available here.
Details on how talent can submit for acting roles, and registration information for extras can be found on the following casting post:
Summit Entertainment “Ender’s Game” Auditions and Casting Calls