Since 1944, the Lee Company in Nashville, TN, has been taking care of Middle Tennessee’s refrigeration, heating and air conditioning needs. Three generations of Lees have helmed the Lee Company, ever since L. Leon Lee started the business as Lee Refrigeration Service Company, using his one truck to service refrigeration and heating equipment. Today the Lee Company employs hundreds of people and serves customers nationwide, including homes, businesses and facilities.
The Lee Company, now helmed by William Bill Lee CEO, grandson of Leon Lee, was recently listed as one of the top 100 mechanical services company in America as well as named the 10th best company to work for in Tennessee.
I used the Lee Company in January of 2012 when my heater went out following an electrician working on some wiring issues in my kitchen. I called the Lee Company on a on Wednesday afternoon to ask them their rates and when they could come out. They said they have a $79 service call fee and could be out the next day between noon and 2 since I had an appointment earlier in the day and would not be home until after 11. I was told they always call customers 1/2 hour before they arrive so the customer knows they are coming. After the absolutely terrible experiences I have had with unreliable contractors who do not come when they say they will and frequently simply don’t bother to show up, I wondered how the Lee Company would compare.
At 12:06 on the following day, the technician from the Lee Company called to let me know he was about 1/2 hour away. He arrived within 1/2 hour. He fixed some burnt wires and a blown fuse, and was finished in about an hour. He indicated an electrician working on wiring could have caused the problem, but there was no way to know for sure.
The service technician suggested some things I could do to make my heater work more efficiently when my budget allowed, but he worked within my existing and repaired the heater, charging $164 for the service call and the repairs. My heater is working fine now.
Here are the top 10 things I like about the Lee Company
1. The Lee Company is a locally owned and operated Nashville business
2. The Lee Company has established a reputation over the past 70 years as a reliable company
3. The Lee Company technician kept the scheduled appointment
4. The Lee Company technician arrived at the time they scheduled
5. The Lee Company technician called ahead to let me know they were coming in 1/2 hour
6. The Lee Company technician arrived within 1/2 hour of calling
7. The Lee Company technician finished the repair job in a timely fashion
8. The Lee Company technician fixed my unit at a reasonable cost
9. The Lee Company technician gave me suggestions how I could improve the efficiency of the unit when I had the budget
10. The Lee Company and their technician handled the repair in a timely, professional, courteous and affordable manner
A friend of mine had a bad experience with the Lee Company some 15 years ago, and they are not cheap, so the Lee Company is not perfect. Some of their techs obviously do a better job than others. However, the Lee Company has built a reputation of doing what they say they will, when they say they will, and sticking with a job until it is done right, and I was more than satisfied with the professional and quick way The Lee Company handled my heating repair. (It sure beats my ongoing experience with a small kitchen tile job where the company was hired in July 2011, started work on Nov. 3, 2011 and still haven’t finished the job as of Jan 9, 2012!)
I also had the Lee Company do some repairs to my duct work and lay down a new moisture barrier after the Nashville’s May 2010 flood of the century and a subsequent washing machine hose water damage issue in 2011, and I was satisfied with those repairs, too. For both of my recent experiences with the Lee Company, the heating and air conditioning business earns 5 out of 5 stars.