There are plenty of reasons why you should attend an online school, and this particular article will shed the light on two of the best online colleges or universities in the country, displaying their very best features.
Kaplan University is one of the best accredited online schools in the country, hosting over 66,000 students in both its online and offline programs; there are over 75 campuses to choose from. The school is also quick to offer 125 degrees and programs, including an online degree program in law, started in the year 2007, when Kaplan acquired Concord Law School.
What makes Kaplan stand out from the crowd?
- Its top-notch technology consists of interactive seminars, web field trips, discussion boards, group help sessions, virtual laboratory exercises, and online quizzes. Students have a chance to exchange their thoughts and ideas with their colleagues and professors; they can ask the questions they want to ask and get several answers via the board of discussions. They can take instant online quizzes at the end of their classes and see how much knowledge they managed to assimilate; they can do research and share their findings with others and so forth. Ultimately, students are enabled to receive their own second life avatars and use the virtual island Second Life.
- Well-trained advisors. These advisors create tight bonds with each student and help them enroll, cover tuition, and get the aid they need; they help students stay on the right track and support them by any means.
- Its UAH Salmon Library and its LexisNexis library services feature more than 326,000 volumes that students can access via a simple online borrowing system. The books arrive at home, while the articles can be scanned and sent via email.
- Its great advanced start programs enable students to complete their studies much faster.
Phoenix University is the largest private educational institution form all across America, hosting no less than half a million students in over 200 online and offline locations.
What makes Phoenix stand out from the crowd?
- Its alumni mentoring program is great at pairing 29,000 alumni with students and thus provide students with the help they need when deciding about their career or pursuing further education.
- 21,500 faculty members . 1,500 core faculty and 20,000 associate faculty members can definitely brag about their Master’s or Doctorate degrees and help each student.
- Its Prior Learning Assessment program enables students to use their real life experiences to accelerate their programs, graduate at half the time, and pay half the costs of tuition.
- Its extensive library facilities offer students more than 200 library services which are not normally accessible throughout the World Wide Web.
- Its Green Initiative program is a wonderful environmental program featuring ten colleges that are currently using green power, buying more than 47 million kilowatt hours of green energy.