Week 11 Waiver Wire Pickups – Start & Sit Advice. If you are looking for a free agent or waiver wire pickup for your fantasy football team in Week 11, here are a couple of the best options likely available in your fantasy league. Week 11 Waiver Wire Pickups at each starting position are listed, including QB – RB – WR – TE – D. The number before each players name is their overall ranking at their position for week 11 according to my weekly position rankings. If you have any questions, feel free to post them at my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Football-Start-Sit-Lineup-Advice/262183993792691 and get live replies and answers to your questions there. – Hawk Michaels @ Hawk Fantasy Sports Blog – www.hawkfantasysports.wordpress.com
Week 11 — QB Rankings — RB Rankings — WR Rankings — TE Rankings — D Rankings — Waiver Pickups — Picks & Predictions — Player Injury Updates
12. Carson Palmer – Oak = @Min 37% —– After just 3 games in his new Oakland Raiders uniform, Palmer is showing signs of once again becoming a solid QB1 matchup play starter in 10 team leagues. This weeks game against a vulnerable Vikings secondary could easily lead Palmer to stats in the range of 250 passing yards and 1-2 touchdowns. Add in upcoming matchups against the Dolphins, Packers, and Chiefs secondaries, and at just 37% owned in 10 team leagues, Palmer is definitely worth picking up this week and starting, as well as stashing for future games.
14. Tim Tebow – Den = NYJ 60% —– Nothing like having an extra RB starting in your QB spot in your fantasy football lineup. With 47 rushing attempts for 321 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns in his last 5 games, Tebow is always a threat to post excellent numbers for fantasy football teams. A matchup against an excellent Jets pass defense could easily have the Broncos offense calling 50 plus running plays again this week.
17. Sam Bradford – StL = Sea 28% —– Bradford has definitely shown plenty of rust over the last two weeks as he comes back from injury, but with a healthy Steven Jackson in the lineup forcing defenses to pay attention to the running game, and a reliable Brandon Lloyd in the receiving game, Bradford has a nice matchup this week against an injury riddled Seahawks secondary to take advantage and finally put up some solid passing stats.
19. Alex Smith – SF = Ari 30% —– Perhaps the Trent Dilfer of this era? Smith is the 49ers starting quarterback if only just to not make dumb passes or turn the ball over. A matchup against a very Arizona pass defense, at least stastically, could allow Smith to once again play no turnover ball, while tallying numbers in the range of 200 passing yards and 1 touchdown, and maybe 2 touchdowns if Frank Gore is limited or out and the offense passes a bit more in this game.
21. Christian Ponder – Min = Oak 15% —– A rookie just doing his thing. Ponder is worth a spot start this week in deeper leagues where teams who may have had Drew Brees or Ben Roethlisberger are on byes and need a replacement.
23. Tarvaris Jackson – Sea = @StL 8% —– Another solid spot starting QB for fantasy teams that are without Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, or Matt Schaub this week. Plenty of upside this week with Jackson who will be facing a very susceptible Rams defense that gives up their share of touchdowns.
27. Matt Moore – Mia = Buf 5% —– Forming a connection with Brandon Marshall, and benefiting from an emerging Reggie Bush, Matt Moore faces a weak Buffalo Bills pass defense that could allow Moore to tally numbers in the range of 250 passing yards and 1-2 touchdowns.
24. Jackie Battle – KC = @NE 63% —– The perennial RB pickup from week to week, Battle is still available in nearly 40% of 10 team leagues. A matchup against a so-so Patriots defense should have Battle racking up 50-80 yards with the potential for more always possible. All in all, Battle is definitely worth a flex start this week in most fantasy football lineups.
25. Daniel Thomas – Mia = Buf 58% —– While Reggie Bush has been getting a lot of hype in the Dolphins offensive resurgence, a much healthier Daniel Thomas could post the best rushing stats in Miami this week. The Buffalo Bills defense is nothing special, and if Thomas is nearly 100% for this game he could be looking at numbers anywhere in the range of 50-100 rushing yards and 1 touchdown.
32. Chris Ogbonnaya – Cle = Jac 25% —– After tallying 90 rushing yards on just 19 carries (109 total yards) in last weeks game, Ogbonnaya may have gotten the monkey off his back as the Cleveland Browns starting RB for the foreseable future. With Montario Hardesty likely out again this week, and the Browns having no real reason to push Peyton Hillis into the lineup, it seems reasonable to believe that Ogbonnaya will once again be the feature back in the Browns offense this week.
33. Marion Barber – Chi = SD 19% —– Always getting a handful of carries, Barber is definitely a touchdown threat this week against a struggling San Diego Chargers defense. Something in the range of 40 rushing yards and 1 touchdown seems like a good bet.
38. Lance Ball – Den = NYJ 6% —– If Willis McGahee and Knowshon Moreno are out for this game, Ball should pick up the starting gig for the Broncos this week. And after racking up 30 rushing attempts for 96 yards in last weeks game, there is plenty of reason to believe that the Broncos are confident in pounding the ball on the ground with Lance Ball if need be.
41. Kendall Hunter – SF = Ari 19% —– As usual, the Frank Gore injury bug is once again a factor, and if Gore is limited or does not play in this game, Hunter becomes an instant 100 rushing yard and 1 touchdown threat this week. If anything, Hunter is a MUST ADD for all Frank Gore owners right now.
42. Kevin Smith – Det = Car 2% —– After signing a contract on Monday, Smith promptly entered the Lions offensive lineup and tallied 4 rushing attempts for 19 yards as well as 2 receptions for 10 yards. With Jahvid Best no where near returning to the lineup, Smith has shown he is already the Lions #2 RB option after Maurice Morris.
53. Joe McKnight – NYJ = @Den 4% —– Depending on the extent of LaDainian Tomlinson’s knee injury, McKnight could easily step into the backup RB roll behind Shonn Greene this week. As a homerun threat, there is plenty of potential for McKnight if he can rack up some touches in this game.
15. Laurent Robinson – Dal = @Was 49% —– Looking like the real deal, Robinson should continue to excel with Miles Austin out of the Cowboys lineup. Right now there is no denying that Tony Romo likes throwing to Robinson, and a matchup against a susceptible Washington Redskins secondary could easily have Robinson topping the 100 receiving yard mark to go along with a touchdown this week.
27. Michael Crabtree – SF = Ari 49% —– Crabtree is all about the IFS this week. IF Crabtree is healthy, IF Frank Gore is out, IF Braylon Edwards is out. Depending on these IF combinations, Crabtree could be an excellent play this week against a bad Arizona Cardinals pass defense. Lots of potential, but no reliability for fantasy football lineups this week.
30. Torrey Smith – Bal = Cin 58% —– With the Ravens offense passing the ball more than usual, Smith will continue to be a real threat in the passing game. Add in the injury to the Bengals best cornerback Leon Hall, and it is quite possible that the Ravens passing attack takes full advantage of a much weaker Bengals secondary in this matchup.
31. David Nelson – Buf = @Mia 41% —– Always a threat to connect with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Nelson is a solid WR3 and flex starter in most fantasy football leagues this week.
32. Doug Baldwin – Sea = @StL 26% —– Excellent matchup for the Seahawks offense this week, and the speedy Baldwin could easily haul in a long TD catch in this game. If fantasy teams are looking for a little boom potential, Baldwin offers just that. On the downside, Baldwin may have suffered a concussion in last weeks game so beware in case the Seahawks take it easy with him.
37. Vincent Brown – SD = @Chi 7% —– A rookie who broke out big time in last weeks game, Brown is definitely Philip Rivers top target after Vincent Jackson and Antonio Gates. With Malcom Floyd still nursing his injury, Brown should continue to receive plenty of playing time this week.
38. Denarius Moore – Oak = @Min 57% —– Moore has symbolized the classic boom/bust potential that usually accompanies extremely talented rookie wide receivers. After several weeks of bust performances, a boom performance occurred last week, and with a growing report with Carson Palmer, another boom performance could easily be in store for Moore this week as the Raiders face a very susceptible Vikings pass defense.
46. Davone Bess – Mia = Buf 23% —– The hidden beneficiary of secondaries focusing on Brandon Marshall in the passing game.
47. Greg Little – Cle = Jac 14% —– Nothing super special with Little this week, but the matchup is in his favor so he is worth a gamble start if need be.
50. Jason Hill – Jac = @Cle 7% —– With the Browns best cornerback Joe Haden likely covering Mike Thomas, Jason Hill should be the Jaguars WR with the best matchup and most likely to get open in this game.
52. Jonathan Baldwin – KC = @NE 26% —– Potential, Potential, Potential.
53. Ben Obomanu – Sea = @StL 1% —– Great matchup, and in extremely deep leagues, Obomanu is definitely worth a spot start if need be, especially with Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin dealing with concussion suffered in last weeks game.
64. Dezmon Briscoe – TB = @GB 1% —– The Packers secondary gives up plenty of passing yards, and Briscoe is one of those down the depth chart wide receivers who could come in and burn the Packers for a TD catch.
12. Brent Celek – Phi = @NYG 32% —– With DeSean Jackson grumpy, and Jeremy Maclin continuously getting injured, Celek has slowly become Michael Vick’s most trusted receiving target over the past few weeks. A matchup against a solid Giants defense this week could easily have Vick looking for quick passes to Celek in this game.
13. Jake Ballard – NYG = Phi 45% —– One of Eli Manning’s top red zone targets, Ballard could easily see plenty of passes his way in this game, as the Eagles top cornerbacks will be covering the Giants wide receivers, thus leaving Ballard with the best matchup for Manning to throw to in this game.
14. Kellen Winslow – TB = @GB 67% —– The Packers defense has been awful at stopping the pass, and tight ends in specific seem to always have their way against the Packers linebackers. In other words, a very athletic Kellen Winslow could easily put up his best stats all season in this game. 50-100 receiving yards and 1 touchdown is not crazy to imagine for Winslow this week.
15. Visanthe Shiancoe – Min = Oak 20% —– One of Christian Ponders favorite and more trusted targets.
16. Ed Dickson – Bal = Cin 12% —– After racking up 10 receptions in last weeks game, there is little doubt that Joe Flacco has not enjoyed passing to his tight ends over the last few weeks. Another 5 receptions for 50-80 yards is likely for Dickson this week as well, and a touchdown is definitely within reach.
17. Jermaine Gresham – Cin = @Bal 34% —– Considering that Andy Dalton played very well in last weeks matchup against the Pittsburgh Steelers defense, a struggling Baltimore Ravens defense this week could once again have Dalton finding more open receivers than one would think. Gresham is definitely a threat to rack up some receptions in this game, especially if AJ Green is limited because of injury.
18. Scott Chandler – Buf = @Mia 36% —– Always a scoring threat.
20. Anthony Fasano – Mia = Buf 2% —– With Matt Moore playing very well in recent weeks, Fasano has really found his groove in the Dolphins passing attack. In what is becoming the norm in Miami, Fasano is an excellent red zone scoring threat this week against a weak Buffalo Bills pass defense.
8. New England Patriots = KC 37% —– The Patriots defense a starting option in fantasy football lineups this week? Yep, especially if Matt Cassel is out and Tyler Palko gets the starting nod.
9. Atlanta Falcons = Ten 27% —– The Falcons defense is not great, but it is not terrible either. In which case, a matchup against a so-so Tennessee Titans offense this week makes the Falcons worth a spot start.
10. Oakland Raiders = @Min 22% —– The Raiders are on the rise, and if they can contain Adrian Peterson on the ground, then it is quite possible they could force rookie Christian Ponder into some bad throws and turnovers.
14. Buffalo Bills = @Mia 49% —– The Bills are worth a gamble if need be, and i do stress ‘gamble.’
15. Jacksonville Jaguars = @Cle 15% —– Another defense worth a gamble for fantasy football teams looking for a spot starting defense this week.